Over the past few years, the GATE has become literally the golden gate for bright careers and opportunities.
In addition to the admission opportunities for ME and MTechprogrammes across IITs and NITs, and the PSUs making this an essential requirement, there are many more advantages of getting a good score in GATE.
1. Many private institutions specify GATE as the Mandatory Qualification even for admission of self-financing students to PG programmes.
2. GATE qualified candidates are eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
3. Several government organizations prescribe GATE qualification as a requirement for applying to the post of a Scientist / Engineer.
4. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) consider the GATE score for admissions to their prestigious fellowship program (Ph.D in management). For details visit the websites of the respective IIMs.
5. Some universities of high repute (top 100 globally) also consider the GATE score for admissions to their post graduation/M.S programs.
6. GATE score is required for admissions to the highly acclaimed Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering (PGDIE) offered by the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE).